1: Disable Automatic Driver Updates
To fix your mouse and keyboard not working issue, you need to disable automatic driver updates from Windows.
1) Click the Start button on your keyboard and click Control Panel.
2) View by Category, click System and Security.
3) Click System.
4) Click Advanced system settings.
5) Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Installation Settings.
6) Click No, let me choose what to do and Never install driver software from Windows Update. Click Save Changes.
2: Reinstall Mouse and Keyboard Drivers
3: Change the Settings in Power Management
Faulty settings in Power Management is also one of the likely reasons for this problem. You can change to a different setting mode to see if the problem is resolved:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
2) Expand Mice and other pointing devices. For keyboard driver, expand Keyboards.
3) Right-click the device name of your mouse or keyboard driver and click Properties.
4) Click Power Management, make sure the box for Allow the computer to turn off his device to save power option is un-checked and click OK.
5) Reboot your computer. See if this problem occurs again.
- Fix “Sorry, This File Type Is Not Permitted for Security Reasons” Error in WordPress - August 25, 2020
- My HP OMEN is showing a “plugged in, not charging” when I plug it in to charge. - August 25, 2020
- Access another computer with Chrome Remote Desktop - August 22, 2020