Method 1: Run the Performance troubleshooter
1) Click the Start button at the bottom left corner, and click Control Panel.
2) Type troubleshooter in the search box on Control Panel.
3) Click Troubleshooting in the search result.
4) Click Check for performance issues in the System and Security section.
5) Then click Next.
6) Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the detecting issues.
Method 2: Update available drivers
Method 3: Uninstall unnecessary programs
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
3) In the Programs and Features pane, simply take a look at the program that you seldom use, and click Uninstall to delete it.
Method 4: Limit startup programs
You can do this in System Configuration:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type msconfig and click OK.
3) In System Configuration, click the Startup tab.
4) Check the startup program list, and select the one that doesn’t need to run with booting, and click Disable.
5) Click OK to save the changes.
Method 5: Scan malwares and virus
Method 6: Run Disk Cleanup
1) Click the Start button at the bottom left corner, and click All Programs.
2) Go to Assessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
3) It’ll start calculating the dump files. This takes a while depending on your system.
4) Check the box next to the files to delete, and click OK.
5) Click Delete Files to confirm.
Method 7: Perform Disk Defragment
1) Right click on the hard disk that is going to defrag, and select Properties.
2) Click the Tools tab.
3) Click Defragment now.
4) Then select the disk and click Defragment disk.
5) You’ll see the progress bar under the Progress volume.
Method 8: Turn off Visual Effect
1) Click the Start button on your desktop, then right click on Computer and select Properties.
2) Click Advanced system settings on the left.
3) Click Settings in the Performance section.
4) In the popup dialog, select Adjust for best performance and click OK.
Restart Windows 7 and your system should be running faster.
Method 9: Add more RAM
- Fix “Sorry, This File Type Is Not Permitted for Security Reasons” Error in WordPress - August 25, 2020
- My HP OMEN is showing a “plugged in, not charging” when I plug it in to charge. - August 25, 2020
- Access another computer with Chrome Remote Desktop - August 22, 2020