Submitting sitemaps to Google.
The first step is to verify the site. Google will not accept any sitemap without approving the site it is designated for initially.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools just like you log in into other Google features.
- Press “Add a Site” and provide the URL to Google site in the pop-up box. Then press continue.
- On the page that opens afterwards, press the radio button right after “Add Meta Tag.”
- Copy the Meta tag from the instructions box. We’ll use this later.
- Open a new tab in the browser and open the site you wish to verify.
- Press “More Actions” and click “Manage the Site” from the list.
- Click the General from the tabs which is located right under Site Setting tab.
- Now the Meta tag copied from the instructions box should be pasted in the place right next to Verification.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Webmaster Tools where the Meta tag was copied from.
- Press Verify.
Submitting sitemaps to Bing.
- Login to Windows Live Account.
- Navigate to Bing Master Center.
- Add your website to Bing search engine by filling the URL bar with your sitemap’s URL. Afterwards, press Add Site.
- Bing staff will check and validate the sitemap and the site. They will begin indexing the site whenever they determine that the sitemap is errorless.
Latest posts by GCS Team (see all)
- Fix “Sorry, This File Type Is Not Permitted for Security Reasons” Error in WordPress - August 25, 2020
- My HP OMEN is showing a “plugged in, not charging” when I plug it in to charge. - August 25, 2020
- Access another computer with Chrome Remote Desktop - August 22, 2020