How to fix a Windows 10 laptop that's plugged in but not charging - Cnet
Plugged in, not chargingIf your laptop refuses to charge the battery even though it acknowledges that it's plugged in, here's what you need to do:
- Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.
- Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Right-click on each item and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.
- Shut down your laptop.
- Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
- If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. My Lenovo laptop does not have a removable battery. I tried skipping this step but it didn't work, so I removed the bottom panel of my laptop and then removed the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
- Put the battery back in if you removed it.
- Plug in your laptop.
- Power on your laptop.
- Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.
Join a Microsoft Teams meeting
author | 2020.09.22 | Votes 0 | Views 2014
How to delete songs and albums from your Google Play Music library
author | 2020.09.19 | Votes 0 | Views 2183
Watch Prime Video on Chromecast
author | 2020.09.14 | Votes 0 | Views 1956
How to Fix the Windows 10 We Couldn’t Connect to the Update Service Issue (2)
author | 2020.09.09 | Votes 0 | Views 2682
IONOS Joomla! Standard Installation
author | 2020.09.02 | Votes 0 | Views 1157
How to improve the life of a Battery: (1)
author | 2020.08.25 | Votes 0 | Views 1171
Laptop battery not charging
author | 2020.08.21 | Votes 0 | Views 1479
Plugged in, not charging (1)
author | 2020.08.21 | Votes 0 | Views 1295
How to add reCaptcha plugin to a custom form on my WordPress website?
author | 2020.08.13 | Votes 0 | Views 1432
I can't log in to the WordPress admin dashboard after installing and activating Limit Attempts plugin
author | 2020.08.13 | Votes 0 | Views 1110